Some time ago we promised another competition for which the prize would be a family pass to the Nietzsche Fun Park in beautiful Basingstoke. The Owl has now provided us with the material for a quiz based on his close reading of Wowliam Shakespeare, and has added a bonus prize of a copy of his own book, Hoots Mon: Conversations with Owls.
1. Complete this line from King Lear: …….,……, ……, o you are men of stones Owl, owl, owl (Chicken Lady)
2. Which play is set in fair Verona? Romeo and Jowliet (Chicken Lady and Cath)
3. Who is the naughty prince who finally redeems himself? Prince Howl (Chicken Lady and Cath)
4. Who is the savage and deformed slave? Cowliban (Chicken Lady)
5.In which play does Parowles appear? Owl’s Well That Ends Well (Chicken Lady)
6. Who does Hamlet call a fishmonger? Powlonius (Chicken Lady)
7. Complete this line from Macbeth: Out out, ………………. brief candowl (Chicken Lady)
8. Which rarely-performed work is set in Troy? Trowlus and Cressida (Chicken Lady)
9. In which sonnet is an owl compared to winter?
Get in quickly for your chance to win! Answers at some stage.