With Christmas coming, you may be thinking about a present for your dog. Here’s a repost of our survey conducted back in the very early days of this blog, June 2014, before many of you came along, in which we questioned 157 dogs about their favourites. Here they are in order:
1. The Hound of the Baskervilles (Arthur Conan Doyle)
2. The Poodle Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger)
3. Pet Sematary (Stephen King)
4. Rabbbit, Run (John Updike)
5. White Teeth (Zadie Smith)
6. Lord of the Flies (William Golding)
7. Spaniel Deronda (George Eliot)
8. Poor Little Bitch Girl (Jackie Collins)
9. The Call of the Wild (Jack London)
10. The Golden Bow Wow (Henry James)
and they were keenly looking forward to E. Annie Proulx’s Bark-Skins.
Does your dog have other favourites? We’d be happy to update the list if anyone has done any more fieldwork.