To while away the sleepy hours of Boxing Day, here’s Gert’s Musical and Literary Bears Xmas quiz, in honour of the patron saints of literature and music, Shakesbeare and Bearthoven.
Any answer that’s remotely correct will do. What have you got to lose? as Donald Trump would say.
The prize is your very own real polar bear (see picture above).
1. Old English bear who had trouble with monsters ✔
2. Cheeky Chaucerian widow bear
3. Murderous theatrical and operatic Scottish bear ✔ ✔
4. Singing Japanese lady bear ✔
5. Debussy’s shining night bear ✔
6. This bear sings while he cuts your hair and shaves you ✔
7. Another operatic bear, a Scottish lady on a very bad date
8. American poet bear with a friend called Henry ✔
9. French existentialist lady bear with a boyfriend called Jean-Paul ✔
10. Very gloomy French bears who later starred in a musical ✔
11. Henry Higgins’ bear ✔ (but there’s another possible answer)
12. This singing bear was a funny girl ✔
13. Four singing Swedish bears ✔
14. Dom de Lillo’s unstable bear ✔
15. This hot singing bear is known for her lemonade ✔
Image: By Alan Wilson (www.naturespicsonline.com: ) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons
We have quite a lot of dog-blog followers. We’re hoping now for an inrush of bear-blogs.